Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Iron Guy's Top Five for 2011

Greetings, all you rocking and reading guys! I hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying the holiday break. This is the time of year the grownups make Best Of or Top Ten lists for the year, so I'm going to present my Top Five books of 2011. (click on the titles to see the original reviews)

The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff. Not only is it the top book of this year, it's one of the most remarkable books I've ever read. It starts off sort of slowly but once the adventure starts, it's one wild ride!! I've rarely felt such suspense or danger in any book.



Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze by the terrific Alan Silberberg. Another remarkable and extraordinary book. You've got humor, a very touching story, and some good lessons about life. I can't say enough good things about this book---and it's way better than the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books! (at least, I think so--go back and check out The Great Greg Heffley Debate from this year)



The Lost Hero. Another winner from the great Rick Riordan. Although The Son of Neptune had more humor, this one had more action and heroics. Jason is a hero worthy to be included in the Percy Jackson series.




Vespers Rising by various authors. The 39 Clues continues with new and even deadlier villains! This one gives the background on the Chaill/Vespers conflict. Lots of action and some real people from history.



How Football Works by Keltie Thomas. An informative and entertaining book. It's got enough information to satisfy new or long-time football fans.

OK, guys, what are your favorite books this year? And, Library Ninja Bill, what did you like the best? Click on that Comment tab under this post and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very sad to say I have not read these books, but will put them on my 2012 Agenda. I am working my way through the Lighting Thief Series and The 39 Clues Series, but have fallen behind. Still trying to get ahold of The Milo book but it is always checked out. Good Choices My Friend Iron Carl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete