Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Wandering Library Ninja Bill's Top 5 of 2011

Well Iron Carl has asked of me to share my top 5 books of 2011. See his posting at CLICK HERE. Although I am always on the move, I will take time to sit and contemplate this serious matter. I must say I read a bunch of good stuff and my fair share of not so great. So, let me think...hum......yes......ahhhh......indeed. 

Drum roll please, here are my picks:






Number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My number one pick without a moment's hesitation is "Isle of Blood" from the great series of Monstrumologist books by Rick Yancy. Isle of Blood is the third book in a series that includes: The Monstrumologist and The Curse of The Wendigo. These books are not for the faint of heart and with each book the horror and psychological intensity just keeps getting ratcheted up. I literally can't wait for the next book in what I now call my favorite series ever. The stuff of nightmares!!!! Recommended for readers 14 years of age and up. To see a more in depth review of this book click here




Number 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My number 2 is an adult book that can be enjoyed by all; Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson.  Imagine an A.I. coming to life and waking up all technology that mankind has created and giving them all sentience. Also the majority of them decide they don't like their creators that much anymore. Multiple view point from both human and non-human perspectives. This book was to cool for school. Loved it. Recommended for advanced readers who can handle some cursing and violence. Click here to see my official, yea man, review!





Number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alright, yeah you know it! In the number 3 position is the totally awesome Graphic Novel about kids going to school in outer space. This is a really funny book with a bunch of different characters who all stand out in their own unique way. The Graphic Novel I'm talking about is Astronaut Academy: Zero Gravity by Dave Roman. Click here for a more in depth look. Recommend for those 12 and up.











Number 4!!!!!!!!!!







Okay while technically not a 2011 book (2010), but I did read it in 2011: Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill. If you want to read a great book set on Mars with non-stop action, great characters and a great story need I say more? Loved it and recommended for those 12 and up!!!!! Click here for more on this book.







Number 5!!!!!!!!!!


Last, but certainly not least, I have another Graphic Novel that is not technically 2011 (2010) but that is when I read it. Do you like scary and things that go bump in in the dark. Would you be comforted knowing that their was a dedicated team of dogs and one cat that protect you from these nasty creatures. Then my friend Beasts of Burden: Animal Rites by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson is the Graphic Novel for you. Click here for my review of this awesome GN! Recommended for those 12 and up.





Alright gang. I must be wandering along again in search of good reads. Until then, Read Well and Prosper,

Library Ninja Bill

P.S. Please fell free to add to the list of "Best 2011 Reads" put together by Iron Carl and myself by posting. We will try to get your picks in the blog!

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog while participating in the SCBWI 21 day Comment Challenge. So glad I did. I have a 10 year old son who is always on the lookout for a great graphic novel to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard. I love comics and Graphic Novels and read and review them for all ages. Thank you for the kind words and I will have more comics and GN reviews coming out in the future!!!!!
    Library Ninja Bill

    ReplyDelete